Personal information includes information or an opinion about a reasonably identifiable individual. For example, this may include Your name, age, gender, address, contact details and any information requested and/or provided on Our Website and/or application or during a 11point2 Program.
What personal information do we collect?
We collect and process personal data directly from You through a variety of forms and the types of personal data processed by Us will depend on the nature of Your interaction with us and the activity that You are participating in (for example, under either of the11point2 Member Agreement General Terms and Conditions or specific activities pursuant to a 11point2 Program Agreement or should You subscribe to 11point2 for further information or electronic newsletters from time to time).
Personal data processed by Us may also include any follow-up information or supporting documentation collected from You after You have participated in an activity.
Where You provide Us with the personal data of others (e.g. information about related entities), You are encouraged to inform them that:
- You are disclosing that information to Us;
- the information will be retained; and
- they can access that information by contacting Us using the following email address firstname.lastname@example.org
Your personal data is created, stored and transmitted securely in various paper and electronic formats. This includes databases that are shared across Us. Access to Your personal data is limited to Us and Our representatives who have a legitimate interest in it for the purpose of carrying out Our duties in connection with the 11point2 Member Agreement General Terms and Conditions and any 11point2 Program Agreement.
How do we collect personal information
We may collect these types of personal information either directly from You, or from third parties. We may collect this information when You:
- use or register on Our Website as a 11point2 member;
- communicate with Us through correspondence, chats, email, or when You share information with Us from other applications, services, any 11point2 Program or Websites; or
- interact with Our Website, services and/or content (including in connection with Your obligations under the 11point2 Member Agreement General Terms and Conditions, any 11point2 Program Agreement).
Why do we collect, Use and disclose personal information?
The information processed by Us, or on Our behalf, in the course of operating the 11point2 is needed for the purpose of furthering knowledge and is material to the operation of the 11point2 in accordance with the 11point2 Member Agreement General Terms and Conditions, any subsequent 11point2 Program Agreement which are incidental to the fulfilment of that purpose.
If You choose not to provide Your personal data, it may not be possible for You to participate in the relevant research activity relevant to the 11point2.
By way of example, We may collect, hold, use and disclose Your personal information for the following purposes:
- to enable fulfilment of Your obligations under the 11point2 Member Agreement General Terms and Conditions, any subsequent 11point2 Program Agreement;
- to enable You to access and use Our Website, become a member of the 11point2 or participate in a 11point2 Program;
- to operate, protect, improve and optimise Our Website and/or users’ experience, such as to perform analytics or conduct research;
- to send You support, information requested by You either in connection or independently of a 11point2 Program;
- to comply with Our legal obligations, resolve any disputes that We may have with any of Our users, and enforce Our agreements with third parties.
To whom do we disclose Your personal information?
If We are working in collaboration or consultation with other members of the 11point2 pursuant to the 11point2 Member Agreement General Terms and Conditions, any subsequent 11point2 Program Agreement, and Your personal data will be shared in the course of this collaboration or consultation, You will be notified of this at the time that we first interact with You.
- Your nominated financial institution (if You are being reimbursed for Your participation in the 11point2 );
- government departments such as the Australian Taxation Office, Centrelink, Department of Industry, Innovation, Science, Research and Tertiary Education;
- agencies and organisations involved in regulation of research (e.g. NHMRC), quality assurance and planning for higher education such as federal and state government, TEQSA and Universities Australia;
- contracted service providers which We use to perform services on Our behalf (such as banks, mailing houses, logistics, IT service providers);
- in the event of an emergency, police, medical or hospital personnel, civil emergency services, Your legal representative or nominated emergency contact person, or other persons assessed as necessary to respond to the emergency.
- Our employees solely for the purpose of conducting the Website or any services via the 11point2 ;
- third party service providers (solely for the operation of Our Website);
- payment systems operators (eg merchants receiving card payments);
- anyone to whom Our assets or businesses (or any part of them) are transferred (provided they agree to be bound by this policy or a higher standard);
- other 11point2 members only in accordance with the 11point2 Member Agreement General Terms and Conditions and any 11point2 Program Agreement;
- specific third parties expressly authorised by You to receive information held by Us; and/or
- other persons, including government agencies, regulatory bodies and law enforcement agencies, or as required, authorised or permitted by law.
Where personal data is disclosed to third parties, it will be done so only to the extent necessary to fulfil the purpose of such disclosure.
When We use contractors to perform services, such as disposal of confidential documents, they are required under contract to work according to Our obligations under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and to treat personal information they may see with care and confidentiality.
Disclosure of personal information outside Australia
When You provide Your personal information to Us, You consent to the disclosure of Your information outside of Australia and acknowledge that We are not required to ensure that overseas recipients handle that personal information in compliance with Australian Privacy Law. We will, however, take reasonable steps to ensure that any overseas recipient will deal with such personal information in a way that is consistent with the Australian Privacy Principles.
Using Our Website and cookies
We may collect personal information about You when You use and access Our Website.
While We do not use browsing information to identify You personally, We may record certain information about Your use of Our Website, such as which pages You visit, the time and date of Your visit and the internet protocol address assigned to Your computer.
We may also use 'cookies' or other similar tracking technologies on Our Website that help Us track Your Website usage and remember Your preferences. Cookies are small files that store information on Your computer, TV, mobile phone or other device. They enable the entity that put the cookie on Your device to recognise You across different Websites, services, devices and/or browsing sessions. You can disable cookies through Your internet browser but Our Websites may not work as intended for You if You do so.
We may hold Your personal information in either electronic or hard copy form. We take reasonable steps to protect Your personal information from misuse, interference and loss, as well as unauthorised access, modification or disclosure and We use a number of physical, administrative, personnel and technical measures to protect Your personal information. However, We cannot guarantee the security of Your personal information.
Accessing or correcting Your personal information
You can access the personal information We hold about You by contacting Us using the information below. Sometimes, We may not be able to provide You with access to all of Your personal information, and where this is the case, We will tell You why. We may also need to verify Your identity when You request Your personal information.
If You think that any personal information We hold about You is inaccurate, please contact Us and We will take reasonable steps to ensure that it is corrected.
Making a complaint